Chicken Quinoa Soup
"Soups are a versatile choice, making them a quick lunch or an easy dinner idea. When you can turn these into highly nutritious and a healthy choice, that’s what I call- the icing on the cake. Chicken Quinoa Soup is one such bowl of warm hug and a healthy meal."
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
- Serves: 3
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
What makes Chicken Quinoa soup healthy?
Chicken Quinoa soup makes use of Quinoa, a complete protein source (provides all 9 essential amino acids), good source of fiber and a relatively low glycemic index (does not cause a rapid spike in blood sugar), which would keep you full for longer time. You can also substitute the chicken with your choice of meat and it’ll be just as good or even better.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Chicken breasts
2 tbsp Butter/ Oil of choice
½ inch Cinnamon stick
2 Cardamom pods
4 Black Peppercorns
1 Medium sized onion, sliced
1 inch Ginger, grated
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tomatoes, diced
1 Carrot, grated
1 cup Chicken/Vegetable Broth
1 cup Quinoa
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Cilantro (for garnish)
Steps to Make Chicken Quinoa Soup
- STEP 1: In a large Dutch oven or a heavy bottomed pot, add oil and let Cinnamon, black peppercorns and cardamom pods sizzle for a while.
- STEP 2: Add in the sliced onions and grated ginger with minced garlic, stir until the onions are softened.
- STEP 3: Then introduce chicken, tomatoes, carrots with the chicken broth into the pot and bring it to a simmer (for about 30 minutes).
- STEP 4: When the chicken is done, shred it with a fork and add quinoa.
- STEP 5: Garnish with a handful of chopped Cilantro and serve hot.