Keto-Friendly Butter Chicken
"Butter chicken is one of the most popular Indian entrées and now you can make this keto-friendly version of the dish which is just as buttery, rich and packed with flavour and punch as the O.G. You can enjoy with it some keto-friendly bread, Garlic Naan or just plain Naan roti and trust me when I say you will not be disappointed."
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Additional: 60 minutes
- Total: 1 hour 45 minutes
What makes Butter Chicken healthy?
As the name suggests, this recipe is keto-friendly. Meaning- you get to be in the state of healthy ketosis without compromising on the taste. It supplies with healthy fats and protein majorly, so you don’t have to worry about unwanted sugars that throw you off the healthy ketosis.
Ingredients you’ll need for Keto-friendly Butter Chicken
3 lbs chicken thighs
1 ½ cups Full-fat Greek Yogurt
½ cup unsalted Butter
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 ½ tbsp Ground Turmeric
3 tbsp Cumin Powder
2 medium onions, diced
2 tbsp Garam masala powder
2 Medium Tomatoes
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced and diced
½ cup Chicken Stock
1 ½ cup Heavy Cream
1 ½ tsp Tomato paste
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Cilantro (for garnish)
Steps to make Keto friendly Butter Chicken
- Step 1 : For Marination- In a large bowl, place the chicken thighs and add salt, pepper, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric, cumin powder and garam masala. Mix thoroughly, cover and leave it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.(The longer, the better!)
- Step 2 : In a cast iron skillet, pour in the butter and olive oil. When the oils are sufficiently hot, add in the diced onions, sauté till they turn translucent.
- Step 3 : Add in The Ginger and Garlic paste, sauté till the raw smell goes away and add diced tomatoes and Jalapeños and sauté.
- Step 4 : Place the marinated chicken thighs in the sauce, pouring in the chicken stock, tomato paste and heavy cream. Let it simmer on low heat for around 30 minutes.
- Step 5 : Garnish with Cilantro and Devour!