15 min Gluten-Free Saffron Cookies
"Craving sugar cookies but want a healthier version? Try this 15 minute Gluten free Saffron cookies that give off a lingering floral, sweet taste of saffron and a delicate soft texture of a cookie that we so dearly desire…all in 15 minutes!"
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Makes – about 10 cookies
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cook Time- 15 minutes
Total- 30 minutes
What Makes Saffron Cookies Healthy?
It’s so tedious to look for recipes that are gluten free and taste lip smacking. They all turn out to be too dense or too dry. This recipe respects allergies towards gluten, nuts and can be vegan, if you’d like. For the sweetener, you can choose between Stevia or Erythritol instead of cane sugar. Ghee has Medium Chain Triglycerides that are much easier to digest than your regular fats that contain long chains.
Ingredients to make 15 min Gluten-free Saffron Cookies
½ cup Ghee or Butter
½ cup Sweetener powder
2 cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Milk
Steps to make 15 min Gluten-free Saffron Cookies
- Step 1 : Preheat the oven to 360°F or 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 : In a stand mixer, add in the ghee or softened butter with the sugar and whisk until pale and combined.
- Step 3 : To warm milk, add the saffron strands and put it aside so it’s nicely fused.
- Step 4 : Add in the Gluten free flour and baking powder and combine to get a dough.
- Step 5 : Roll out the dough and cut out shapes of ¼” thickness using cookie cutters and place on a parchment sheet lined cookie tray in the oven.
- Step 6 : Let it bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Optional- Glaze with egg wash and top with nuts if you desire.
How to store 15 min Gluten-Free Saffron Cookies?
Store these soft, crumbly saffron Cookies in an air tight container for up to a week, that is if you can make them last a week.
Here are some Possible Substitutions you can make in 15 min Gluten-free Saffron Cookies
- This recipe uses Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, but you can try substituting it with almond flour.
- Since gluten free cookies usually lack a depth of flavour, ghee adds that richness to the recipe. If you don’t have ghee on hand, you can use Butter.
- If you want to turn the recipe vegan, try substituting the milk with a plant-based milk like almond milk or oat milk or any other plant-based milk of your choice.