Margh – Healthy Keto Lamb Soup
"If you’ve never tried Hyderabadi cuisine, this recipe is your sign. Margh will make you want to make this over and over again once you give it a go. It’s healthy, full of good fats and lip-smackingly delicious! "
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
What makes Margh healthy?
Margh makes a healthy meal due to its low carb, high fat content. All carbohydrates convert to sugar in the body and when the net carb intake is high – you GAIN weight. Rest assured that healthy dietary fat is a vital component of any diet. Fat assists in cell growth, the production of hormones, the absorption of nutrients and more. This keto recipe also supplies you with moderate amount of protein. So barge into your kitchen right now and make some!
Ingredients you’ll need to make Margh
1lb Lamb or goat bone-in
2-3 tbsp Ghee or butter
1 inch Cinnamon stick
3 Cardamom pods
4-5 Black peppercorns
2 Onions, sliced
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
5 Green chillies
4 tbsp Yogurt, heaped
Cilantro or Coriander leaves,1 bunch
Mint leaves, handful
Steps to make Margh
- Step 1 : To a heavy bottomed pot or a pressure cooker, put in ghee,butter or oil and add in the whole spices (cinnamon, cardamom and black peppercorns) and let it sizzle.
- Step 2 : To this, add in thinly sliced onions and sauté until translucent. Quickly, throw in the Ginger and garlic paste, while continuing sautéing till the raw smell goes away.
- Step 3 : Now add in the meat, salt and pepper sautéing till it slightly changes the colour. When the meat is lightly browned, pour in sufficient quantity of water to pressure cook or slow cook until it tenderises.
- Step 4 : While the meat tenderises, blend Green chillies, Cilantro and mint leaves along with some yogurt. Blend the nuts (Cashews and Pistachios) also, separately.
- Step 5 : Combine in the Green paste along with the Nuts’ paste to the soup and let it simmer on low heat (for about 10-15 minutes)
- Step 6 : Top it off with some butter and heavy cream and let it fuse in (for another 5 minutes) and devour!