"When you’re bored of your basic chunky chicken recipes, give this chicken skewers recipe a go. This Chicken skewers recipe gives your taste buds a massive hit because they are just that good. The Chicken Skewers recipe calls for dairy but you can skip it if you’re going dairy free and trust me the taste will still make you a Chicken Skewers’ fanatic!"
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
What makes Chicken Skewers healthy?
Including some healthy fats in your diet is essential. What you take along with the fats is what you get out of a meal. You can enjoy these chicken skewers with a few cups of salads and a dip of your choice, without throwing your body off of healthy ketosis.
Ingredients you’ll need for Chicken Skewers
2 lb Chicken thigh pieces or breast, small pieces
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
½ Lemon, juiced
2 tbsp Full-fat Greek Yogurt
Salt (to taste)
Steps to make Chicken Skewers
- Step 1 : For marination, add all the spices to the yogurt and mix meticulously with the chicken, cover and place in the refrigerator for as little as 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Really, just depends on your patience level.
- Step 2 : Preheat the oven at 360°F and soak the skewer sticks in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 3 : Now jab in the marinated chicken pieces through the skewer sticks and lay them flat on the baking grill.
- Step 4 : Let them cook for about 40 minutes, turning them half-way. You can also cook them on a barbecue grill, for a charred, smoky flavor.